Medicinal Herb Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Medicinal herbs have been used for centuries and were the original medications. Sweet chestnuts were one of the earliest being used for medicinal purposes by the Romans. But what else grows in WA, how do you plant your own first-aid kit, and how do you use them?
The workshop will cover:
• Brief overview and history of medicinal plants
• Learn the health benefits of medicinal herbs
• What grows well in WA
• How to plan your own garden – bring a layout plan of your herb garden to work on
• Learn how to grow and prepare your own medicinal herbs
• Learn how to use the medicinal herbs
• Optional tour of Chestnut Brae garden and sweet chestnut orchards.
About the presenter : Leesa Caldwell has extensive experience in growing vegetables, herbs, microgreens and edible flowers for both wholesale and retail markets. She has been presenting workshops @ Green Life and at other venues for several years, and her passion for growing healthy and health-giving plants is infectious.
$65pp including morning tea & lunch, minimum 5 participants required. Wear sturdy boots.